Allowed to go from 64 to 32 again?

Reaction score
I kind of want to 'try' the 64 bit OS and wondered if it the install disc allows "knows" if you install / activate the 64 bit version - can you downgrade to the 32 bit version if you don't like it?

Thanks,

Al in SoCal

Reaction score
Hello al91206 - Welcome to w7forums

The key will work with both versions. If you do not like either of the versions you can do a clean install of the other and use your key to activate again. You may do this as many times as you like.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I kind of want to 'try' the 64 bit OS and wondered if it the install disc allows "knows" if you install / activate the 64 bit version - can you downgrade to the 32 bit version if you don't like it?

Thanks,

Al in SoCal
If you got the retail boxed version, it should have both the x86 install disk and the x64 install disk. The product key will work with both discs. However, you're only allowed one install of either version with the key.

Do as clifford stated; you'll have to do clean install if you want to "downgrade" from the x64 to the x86 version.

Ask a Question