Advice for Website

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Ok, so firstly, a small intro. As a hobby, I am a basic web designer. I thus have a website and some HTML/CSS/Javascript/PHP skills.

By the way, I have permission from Ian to post this thread.

Ok, so now the actual website. Here is the link:
www.firetiger3.110mb.com

Now, this isn't an advertising post, so there's more to it. I would like your opinion. What do you think of the UI? The membership system? etc...

Also, you'll notice it has no actual "use". I was thinking of maybe dedicating it to these forums, or something similar. If it were yours, what would you put on it?

So that's it. I would appreciate your advice and comments. Though, please keep in mind this is my first (and a half) website, and that I haven't got access to things like MySQL.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Reaction score
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ( output started at /www/110mb.com/f/i/r/e/t/i/g/e/firetiger3/htdocs/new/index.php:15) in /www/110mb.com/f/i/r/e/t/i/g/e/firetiger3/htdocs/new/counter.php on line 16
First thing would be to remove any header optimization if you cannot modify the header.

Next would be to place all you page links on the same line instead of separate lines. I might would also add them to the same area that has "Fire Cat Website" in it.

Maybe something like this. :)
FC Website.png

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I get the following error above the page:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/110mb.com/f/i/r/e/t/i/g/e/firetiger3/htdocs/new/index.php:15) in /www/110mb.com/f/i/r/e/t/i/g/e/firetiger3/htdocs/new/counter.php on line 16

I don't know what feedback to give, there isn't much yet to comment on. A bit lacking in content...but you knew that already.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys!

Ok, so about the warning, that's normal, and I'm onto it ;)
You'll notice that not all the pages have the error.

@Clifford
Great idea! That looks great! I'm changing that as soon as possible :)

@Core
That's exactly why I want some feedback. What would be usefull?

Anyone tried the membership system?

Reaction score
cannot modify header may exist because there are extra spaces at the end of a file. Check index.php.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
FC - Nice website, although it could use some kicka** graphics.

Maybe some photos of those cute Hollander girls in bikinis or similar. :eek:

Maybe some French cuties sunbathing on the Riviera! ;)

JK! Good job so far! Keep it up! :beer:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I think the idea for purpose of the site should precede its development, if it is to be successful in the long run. It doesn't really matter much how good the covers of the book look if the pages inside are blank.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Hum... I have these two old websites I used for testing code. They contain a lot more content than the new one, and I was wondering what I should keep for the final one.

www.firetiger3.110mb.com/old
www.firetiger3.110mb.com/ftd
I was reading deeper into things and noticed that this will allow you a free website. Is this true? And if so, would that large amount of data be red flagged by your ISP (100GB). The reason that I'm wondering, is that I would like to start a forum of my own, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with computing.
Thanks,
Cat

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Cat,
Yes this makes it possible to have your own website for free. Though, for free, you won't get the MySQL database you need for a forum, and you've only got 110MB of space.

If you were to make a forum, I would advise you to go with websites like "forumactif.com", as you can make a full-featured forum in a few minutes. Though, you have adds.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Your logo is pixilated. Use a png instead of a gif.
IF you don't have the software to do that, you can go online and there are several websites where you can convert for free graphics files from one format to another.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
:)

I've used all your advice (actually, I left out the music. Sorry Trainableman.) and I've made a new version, with new layout. Thanks a lot guys.

I'm going to get my own domain in the following month :)

DREAMWEAVER ROCKS!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
:motz: No sound, arghhh! :banghead:

Fine! I'll make my own music.
:thrasher: :flute: :dancing: :elefant: :dancing2: :flute: :thrasher:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone put some music on their website before Trainableman's head explodes.

What do you think of the new layout/design? I only made it for the homepage...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Is this the right link?
http://www.firetiger3.110mb.com/new/index.php

If yes, then for a website I think spelling & grammer are important ...

"I make this website in my spare time" should be "I am making this website in my spare time" which then matches the tense of "is run by 2 administrators".

"Comming Soon" - one M in Coming

When I click Login it explodes ... parse error

And none of the links down the page seem to function, I cannot click "Welcome", nor "Links", nor any of the items under Links, "Sitemap" etc.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Here's another thread I completely missed.

What the Train Man said!
Looks promising but technically I know nothing about this stuff.
Maybe throw a little a bone to the folding team. We could use any help we can get. Just wondering how to go about it.

Keep up the good work!

Yo

Ask a Question