Abit AX78

Reaction score
Manged to get a version of windows 7, thing is i cant get onto the internet to register or download any new drivers because it wont find my ethnic controller for my Abit AX78 motherboard, i have downloaded the newest N force drivers fo Vista....but no good, any thoughts on this?

Many thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you dual booting on the same machine as Vista at the moment? If so, you could run it as a virtual OS within vista instead and piggy back on to your Vista network connection.

The latest nForce drivers are probably your best bet to get it working standalone, so you may just need to wait for nVidia to update them closer to the release date.

Reaction score
Are you dual booting on the same machine as Vista at the moment? If so, you could run it as a virtual OS within vista instead and piggy back on to your Vista network connection.

The latest nForce drivers are probably your best bet to get it working standalone, so you may just need to wait for nVidia to update them closer to the release date.
Thanks for the quick reply Ian, im using it on a stand alone hard drive...think i will have to wait for the nVidia drivers...pity though it looks good.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you enable the network connection under the settings tab? I have mine attached to "NAT" using the virtual "Intel Pro/1000MT" adapter and it works great - try those in virtualbox and it should work. It relays the connection through your vista network card.

Reaction score
Did you enable the network connection under the settings tab? I have mine attached to "NAT" using the virtual "Intel Pro/1000MT" adapter and it works great - try those in virtualbox and it should work. It relays the connection through your vista network card.
Thanks Ian...up and working and now on the net, thing is it wont find my graphics card now...i have a Geforce 6800GS...but Windows 7 just see's it has a standard card.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian...up and working and now on the net, thing is it wont find my graphics card now...i have a Geforce 6800GS...but Windows 7 just see's it has a standard card.

The card is too old, windows 7 has a list of cards up to a certain model that fall under a "generic" drivers set. E.g the oldest ATI card that is recognised under 7 is something like the HD3850, so my X1950's are under generic w7drivers as a result

Ask a Question