77 Windows 7 Tips

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The latest Technet newsletter has an interesting article which features 77 short tips for those upgrading to Windows 7. For the casual user, it gives a good guide to some of the interesting things you can do in Windows 7 that you may not have known about:

1. Pick Your Edition. Most business users do not need the more expensive Ultimate Edition; stick with Professional unless you specifically need BitLocker.
2. Upgrading? Go 64-bit. As the second major Windows release to fully support 64-bit, the x64 architecture has definitely arrived on the desktop. Don't buy new 32-bit hardware unless it's a netbook.
3. Use Windows XP Mode. Yes, it's only an embedded Virtual PC with a full copy of WinXP—but it's an embedded Virtual PC with a full copy of Windows XP! This is the first profoundly intelligent use of desktop virtualization we've seen—and a great way to move to Windows 7 without giving up full Windows XP compatibility.
You can read the full list here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.10.77windows.aspx

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
It says 77 tips but I only see 63 listed. Great article otherwise

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
LOL, thanks for pointing that out Clifford, theres a image that I need to print and stick to my wall, :)

Ken

Reaction score
Great list. I have a number of friends and clients that will be migrating before the end of the year and there were some items in this list that I will add to my deployment plan. Thanks!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Windows 7 - 77 Windows 7 Tips

I was doing some reading this morning, and thought I'd post this article to share. In it are instructions for deploying, maintaining, and how to choose the right edition of Windows 7 for your needs.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.10.77windows.aspx

There is plenty of good, solid advice here for every Windows 7 user. Including installing from USB rather than DVD.

Enjoy & Learn!

Cat

Reaction score
Even though this was made a long time ago, it's very useful for consumers. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Really supportive.

Reaction score
Even after all this time, still useful ...... a job well done and well appreciated !

Ask a Question