32 bit software on 64 bit processor

Reaction score
I am trying to use Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and having problems. I realized our computer is a 64 bit (Windows 7) and that CS4 is a 32 bit software. Also when trying to look at normal Youtube videos it says: Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. When click on this it doesnt really lead me anywhere to solve the problem. So I am looking for advice on these two problem. Thanks!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Almost all 32-bit software should work fine on an 64-bit system :) There are problems with device drivers and low-level software, but something like Premiere shouldn't cause any problems at all.

I'm guessing you are using the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer. This does have problems with Adobe Flash, as that is written in 32-bit code and won't work with the 64-bit container application. This is probably the only compatibility problem you will have with bit versions, and ond all other x64 Windows users have at the moment. You'll need to use the default 32-bit version of Internet Explorer to use Adobe Flash. There's no noticeable difference between the two. :) Just click on "Internet Explorer" rather than "Internet Explorer (64-bit)" instead, and then download Flash.

Reaction score
Thanks

Ian,

Thanks for helping us with our problems using Adobe Flash regaurding youtube video's and our Internet.

Is there any way you could also help us with our problems using Adobe CS4 (32-bit) on our 64-bit CPU.

Ben

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you get an error when trying to run Adobe Premiere CS4? I would have thought it should work out of the box on an x64 system?

Reaction score
I am having prob with install of ms office 2003 pro (32) on a W7 64, "autorun" error code : loading script "E:\autorun.vbs" failed (ox.00000006)

Ask a Question