2011 Time Zone Challenge

Reaction score
A little contest at evga if anyone is interested
evga forum about it http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1252785
(below is quoted from Troy)
Registration Open

• Contest Registration is now open (slightly ahead of schedule)!
BigAdv Rigs

• BigAdv rigs are posted on the website for you to ogle.
    • Both rigs have different eligibility requirements to qualify for, please consult contest site for more information
      • The first rig follows the same eligibility requirements as other gifts
      • The second rig requires:
        • 200 people participating in the contest
        • Winner must have folded 9 months or 2 million points with Folding @ EVGA (111065)
      • Lets spread the word so that we can give away 2 bigadv rigs!
10/5/11

Contest Gifts

1. We are currently accepting donations for gifts to be given away at the end of the Time Zone Challenge. The members of Team EVGA have a strong reputation for extreme generosity when it comes to contests (and folding in general). Lets keep the tradition alive by alive, so dust off that old hardware you are no longer using and pass it along to someone that can start using it to generate folding points and get us one step closer to a cure.
    • Computer parts, unused game codes, electronics, whatever you think is appropriate is welcome!
    • To donate a gift to be given away at the end of the contest simply fill out this form.
    • Gifts can be donated up until the last day of the contest. Sooner is better, however, as it may entice more people to get involved.
    • If you have any questions, please let me know.
  2. Thanks to the generosity of several our members, I am happy to announce that we will be giving away 2 full -bigadv ready computers at the end of the contest (more details here). Look for more details on the contest site in the near future, but in the mean time please take the time to thank those that helped to make this possible:

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Thanks, looks worth checking out.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I'm in!

Go EST! or EDT! :rock::rock::thrasher:

Reaction score
so est huh? I think cst is #1:D
might just need a side line race here between zones
just finishing a 10127 wu at 17 min ptf for 21k ppd, gah I can do better on anything else. Oh well over rant:eek:

Reaction score
nice Ray the Menards guy bobblehead on the prize list:eek:
In this race rj it's still cool to lose to est:)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
so est huh? I think cst is #1:D
might just need a side line race here between zones
just finishing a 10127 wu at 17 min ptf for 21k ppd, gah I can do better on anything else. Oh well over rant:eek:
I got one last night on the new 2500k. 27 min tpf for 20k or 10k ppd. God awful wu, unless it finds a cure that is. Rant over.:eek:

Btw good luck in the tzc. NOT!:lol:

Reaction score
I have 3 bigadv dropping monday morning for cst tzc :p
Looks like CST-c_c and tanner2:adore::rock::top: are up against EST-yodap and rjbelans.:dontknow:
Still waiting for rj to sign up

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I keep looking up in the sky for is parachute. If it doesn't come this will be over quick.

Attachments

Reaction score
Since there was no stipulation on an end to registrations, I figured I would keep everybody guessing as long as possible. May sign up today or tomorrow.

How does 375000 PPD sound? No good? Maybe 400000 then.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I think I see something ;):rofl:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Yes he did. :top:

And I got skunked. See ya Wednesday.:(

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
That must be when the tables turn.
I wouldn't say the tables will turn. Perhaps things will look more even until your 2nd big unit hits. :)
Anyway you slice it, I lost a day and a half. I'm not the only one and I'm not angry at all. I see where some others are spitting mad. Jeez, it's just a folding contest for heaven's sake!
Anyway. good luck flat-landers!

Reaction score
Flatlanders, lol. The drama is too much about missed points.
I'm next to a montain of ski hill at about 300 feet high

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
RJB + YO = 1,424,230

T2 + C_C = 954,770

just sayin.......

Sorry had to do it :D. You guys should recruit Kouger.:)
Actually, I'm low man so I'm thinking about going all in.

Reaction score
Sorry had to do it :D. You guys should recruit Kouger.
I've been watching Kougar's stats. :)

And if we recruited him, it would no longer be 2 against 2.
Actually, I'm low man so I'm thinking about going all in.
Thats only because of my lucky bigadv in the first TZC Update. By the way that bigadv has my stats messed up because obviously, the 3 days it took for that WU is not being calculated.

I almost wish I had dropped it before the start of TZC.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Thats only because of my lucky bigadv in the first TZC Update. By the way that bigadv has my stats messed up because obviously, the 3 days it took for that WU is not being calculated.

I almost wish I had dropped it before the start of TZC
Nothing to be ashamed of and I maintain that's part of the fun of these type of contests.

I did add 3 smaller smp clients for now, mostly to make up for the GTS 450 wacking out on me. On the first day of the TZC it started down clocking and nothing I did helped get it back to the normal 9.5k ppd. I finally had to move it to another rig and it's been good since yesterday. If any of the SMP2 clients catch the wrong wu (10127), the contest may be over before they finish. :lol:

Ask a Question