12 crashes in 25 minutes!

Reaction score
my event log is jam-packed with errors! i'm having to use a different computer just to post here, because my profile PC keeps freezing/locking up. What does event 1001, fault bucket 1514911642, type 5, event name: ServiceHang mean? ... also event 1001, fault bucket 2171773997, type 5, name: AppHangB1 ... also, event 1001, fault bucket 2067637693, type 5, name AppHang B1 ... and on and on ...

these are in the application logs. in the administrative events viewer, however, there seems to be a pattern of errors prior to the "kernel-power" event 41, of system needing to be rebooted without cleanly shutting down (due to crashing):

first: event 1101, eventlog: audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0
second: event 2, kernel-event tracing error: session ""failed to start with the following error: 0xC000000D
third: event 2, kernel-event tracing error: session "homegroup log" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035
fourth: the warning that the system had to be rebooted.

error message repeatedly states the following:

log name: system / source: service control manager / event ID: error 7001
general: the computer browser service depends on the server service which failed to start because of the following error: the dependency service or group failed to start.

got an answer for that??

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have combined your posts: you are crashing, your system is freezing - it's all likely related.

Anna a crash should give you a minidump. Please zip up your minidumps and attach them to your post. See information HERE

Also please specify more information like how long have you had the computer? How long have you had the problem? Do you run an anti-virus and/or anti-malware software - brand/version? Have you installed any new hardware or software?

Have you tried going to a restore point prior to the issue? Have you tried a system repair?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have combined your posts: you are crashing, your system is freezing - it's all likely related.

Anna a crash should give you a minidump. Please zip up your minidumps and attach them to your post. See information HERE

Also please specify more information like how long have you had the computer? How long have you had the problem? Do you run an anti-virus and/or anti-malware software - brand/version? Have you installed any new hardware or software?

Have you tried going to a restore point prior to the issue? Have you tried a system repair?
**first - minidump zip file attached.
**second - built this system about 3 months ago. Have had the problem about 2 weeks. I run Norton 360 v.5.0. No new hardware. Only new software has been Verizon at-home agent and Microsoft Front Page 2003 (although the rest of my office is 2007, since there is no Front Page in Office anymore - but shouldn't be the issue, since Office was not open during crashes)
**third - am trying a restore point right now. have not tried a system repair ... not sure how. if the restore doesn't work i can undo that and try a repair, but how?

What next?

Reaction score
System Repair

Give the BSOD people a chance to check over the minidumps
Just a couple of comments:

1) I realize it's probably just a name, but the BSOD people are NOT investigating a BSOD ... when my computer freezes, it never goes to a blue screen - it just locks up.

2) Today when it froze I just said, "forget it, I'm gonna leave it that way!" After about 7-8 minutes it rebooted ITSELF! Have no idea what that means, but it apparently figured a way to unlock itself ... but still indicated that Windows had been shut down incorrectly.

Reaction score
seven forums folder

i followed the captains suggestions on someone else's post to run the diagnostic tools. the files are attached here, and in subsequent posts. perhaps they will shed more light on my problem! thanks! it only let me attache 6 files - all the others were too big to be accepted.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I haven't seen Capt Jack or Elmer this weekend but hopefully they get an opportunity to check out your dumps soon.

Reaction score
capt

I haven't seen Capt Jack or Elmer this weekend but hopefully they get an opportunity to check out your dumps soon.
it was captain jack -- and thanks for the reply. i look forward to someone's response, whenever they can get to it ... with hopefully a solution! :)

Reaction score
last files

i just remembered i could zip up the files that are too big!
the last four files are herein attached in a zip folder called "12 crashes". thanks!

Attachments

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Anna, by default Windows 7 will restart itself when a BSoD occurs. Unless you disable the automatic restarts you will not see the BSoD that has occurred. ;)

Unfortunately I'm not able to read memory dump files at the moment, I'm getting an unknown error when installing WinDgb.

Ya dun need to do this, but this would show you what the BSoD is and ya could give us the STOP code. You would right-click your computer icon on the desktop and select properties. Click Advanced System Settings in the top left corner... For the Startup and Recovery section, click Advanced. Now uncheck the box next to Automatically Restart. The next time it will display the BSoD and ya can make note of the error, any files, and bugcheck code it mentions.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hi annapolitan,

STOP 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption.

You're getting a stop0x124 in all the dump files attached, which means blame the hardware.

Stop 0x124 Checks
  • Ensure that none of the hardware is being overclocked.
  • Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. Chase out those dust bunnies!
  • Make sure all hardware related drivers are up to date.
  • Possibly update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
  • Always keep The Windows system itself up to date.
See this thread for additional pointers: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Bugcheck Analysis:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, 866af434, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
Have you got Norton installed?

Norton is known to be a cause of BSOD's on many Windows 7 systems. I suggest that you uninstall Norton through Programs and Features then use the Norton Removal Tool in Safe Mode. Download Blue Screen friendly Microsoft Security Essentials as its replacement. Make sure Windows firewall is enabled!

If you haven't got Norton installed then use the clean up tool in Safe Mode. There are a couple of drivers in there, although it is generally the norm for a 124 stop error to give an incomplete list of drivers.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Ok. I've just had a quick run through your DriverList.txt and no obvious horrors are jumping out at me.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
built this system about 3 months ago. Have had the problem about 2 weeks. I run Norton 360 v.5.0. No new hardware. Only new software has been Verizon at-home agent and Microsoft Front Page 2003 (although the rest of my office is 2007, since there is no Front Page in Office anymore - but shouldn't be the issue, since Office was not open during crashes)
Elmer, buried above she does say she is running Norton 360 v 5

annapolitan, some people get furious when we mention it could be their AV but here is my suggestion. You can always reinstall it if it is not the issue but please try it. Some people will say OK I tried disabling it and I still had problems so that isn't it but disabling is not removing and the drivers are still in there potentially causing trouble. Almost every AV protection has caused a problem for someone somewhere. It is the nature of the beast that it must get into the nooks and crannies of the systems and control every file access and some work well on one machine and just kill another.

My feeling is to just test it out I would uninstall and go unprotected for a day or so just to see if in fact it solves the issue (of course avoiding dangerous behavior like don't download unknown files or click unknown links in emails, etc.) And if the issue continues then post back the new minidumps so they can see if a new cause is indicated.

Out of curiosity, how long have you had Norton installed?

New subject: Do you have windows automatic updates on (this is the system default)? Because if so then updated may have been installed. Did you ever try a restore point? Did you even have one that was at least 2 weeks old?

Reaction score
Hi annapolitan,

STOP 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption.

You're getting a stop0x124 in all the dump files attached, which means blame the hardware.

Stop 0x124 Checks
  • Ensure that none of the hardware is being overclocked.
  • Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. Chase out those dust bunnies!
  • Make sure all hardware related drivers are up to date.
  • Possibly update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
  • Always keep The Windows system itself up to date.
See this thread for additional pointers: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Bugcheck Analysis:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, 866af434, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
Have you got Norton installed?

Norton is known to be a cause of BSOD's on many Windows 7 systems. I suggest that you uninstall Norton through Programs and Features then use the Norton Removal Tool in Safe Mode. Download Blue Screen friendly Microsoft Security Essentials as its replacement. Make sure Windows firewall is enabled!

If you haven't got Norton installed then use the clean up tool in Safe Mode. There are a couple of drivers in there, although it is generally the norm for a 124 stop error to give an incomplete list of drivers.
you all have been awesome to provide so much guidance. I tended to think the problem was hardware as well, so I did a memory check, a "chkdsk", and installed "hwmonitor" which indicated everything was running well and sufficiently cool. then, after one of my bazillion crashes, as happens with EVERY reboot, the windows 7 popup asks me if I want my APC software to make changes to my computer. just for the heck of it, I said "no" -- and the computer has NOT CRASHED SINCE!!! what do you think? is the software corrupt, or is it indeed a hardware conflict between my computer and the battery backup machine itself? I can't believe it's a coincidence, so it's GOTTA be something about the APC backup ... not enough power? software? any ideas?

Reaction score
still 2 crashes

ok ... now i'm more stumped! after running flawlessly last night and all day today until about 3pm, the computer locked up twice. although i do not have a separate sound card, could it be related to the on-board sound? just a shot in the dark, since it locked up while running pandora. do you need files re-sent? i'm NOT running pandora at this time, and as you can see by my typing, i'm not crashing. FYI - haven't uninstalled Norton yet, since i was thinking it was APC related.

Reaction score
going downhill fast!

enough is enough !!!!!!!!!!!
this morning, when I turned on the computer, I got "error loading OS" !!!!!
give me a break! now i can't get on ANYTHING on the computer. and if i try to reinstall windows, it won't let me choose "upgrade", and if i choose "custom", it warns me to backup my files because they are not saved ... which, of course, I CANNOT DO, because i can't load an operating system!!!

this is total craziness!!

Reaction score
reinstall windows 7 to no avail

well, a fresh install of windows 7 didn't help either!
it still crashes ... and when it's not crashing, it's making little beeping noises.
i'm about ready to throw this 3-month old computer out the window!

Reaction score
Can you get pics of all your bios settings please. I've built quite a few amd systems and have seen similar issues to your caused biy the bios's auto settings not suiting the system. This can be easily recitifed by setting everything manually.

The details about the exact make and model of your RAM would also be useful.

Ask a Question